Education accountability economics
This domain of expertise is contributive for services regarding:
- Evaluation of an accountability system, on macro, meso and micro level.
- Design or development of effective, efficient and affective accountabily regulations, processess and instruments on different levels.
- Implementation ofaccountability systems or training in effective usage without devestating the professional motivation of teachers.
Why Education accountability economics?
By framing the accountability policy and instruments in the perspective of economics, we want to put the finger on the issue that the way education accountability systems are designed and put into place, has a lot of implications in terms of affectivity, efficiency and effectivity, of which the first is related with professional inspiration and hrm, the last two are especially the domain of economics. It helps us to clearify desired and undesired outcomes. Because if we think that if we only know in figures and numbers what the learning results are, but the way that is accomplished will ruin every motivation of teachers to develop their work and contribute to the school, we loose more then we win. It doesn’t mean accountability systems should be banned, but well designed in relation with other characteristics of the structure, capacities and targets at place.
The reason why we call this Education accountability economics therefore is that if these system parts are not well designed, usable, accessible, functional and monitored you will get several consequences which can be very non-effective, therefore it is a real question of economics of accountability! When the economics of accountability are not smart, several dangers are in place like:
- Danger of losing spare time for practicing and using assessment which do not give you the information you expect.
- Danger of causing a lot of negative emotion among teachers, pupils and or Parents.
- More incentives towards exclusion of people because some assessment systems tend to row the picture of the real whole development of children/teachers.
- Incentives towards teaching to the test within the accountable subjects.
- Incentives towards narrowing the curriculum towards the accountable subjects.
Deze post is ook beschikbaar in: Engels